UPMC Italy is issuing a call for applications for the following fixed-term position: 1 Abdominal Transplantation and Abdominal Surgery Fellow (Ref. Fellow Abdo/22 TD)
UPMC (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center) is a world-renowned healthcare and research enterprise headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S., inventing new models of patient-centered, cost-effective, accountable care.
With facilities in Sicily, Campania, Lazio and Tuscany, UPMC Italy (the Italian division of UPMC) is a leader in patient care, biomedical research, telemedicine, IT development and consulting services in areas related to medicine and research.
UPMC Italy’s clinical and scientific activity mainly focuses on transplantation and oncology, but also includes other specialties: from emergency medicine to neurosurgery, from preventive medicine to cardiac surgery.
UPMC Italy offers professional opportunities in an international and multicultural setting at IRCCS ISMETT (Istituto Mediterraneo per i Trapianti e Terapie ad Alta Specializzazione) one of the most technologically advanced and state-of-the-art medical centers in Italy, managed by UPMC in partnership with ARNAS Civico Hospital of Palermo and the Ri.MED Foundation.
The IRCCS ISMETT is the ideal place for young specialists wishing to start their career in an innovative facility with high levels of excellence. The selected candidate will report to the director of the Department for the Treatment and Study of Abdominal Diseases and Abdominal Transplantation, and participate in the care of ISMETT’s patients referring to the Abdominal Surgery and Abdominal Transplant Unit, particularly, but not exclusively, transplant recipients.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery recognized in Italy, or equivalent title.
- Postgraduate diploma in General Surgery (recognized in Italy) or enrollment in the final year of the postgraduate school (graduation in January 2023). The title must be recognized in Italy or be an equivalent, under the current laws.
- Enrollment in the Board of Physicians.
- Compliance with mandatory vaccination for the prevention of SARS-CoV-2 infection referred to in art. 4 and 4-ter of Decree-law 44/2021 (without prejudice to unenforceability of the vaccination obligation resulting from a confirmed risk for personal health due to specific, documented clinical conditions reported by the general practitioner, in compliance with the memorandum issued by the Italian Ministry of Health on exemptions from the vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 obligation, as provided for by art. 4, para. 2, Decree-law 44/2021).
- Experience in general surgery.
- Case-based experience in liver, kidney and pancreas transplantation.
- Experience in other transplant centers.
- Scientific production rated with the H-index (to be specified in the CV).
Other requisites: English proficiency, knowledge of the main computer applications, strong motivation, flexibility, problem-solving, interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills
The workplace is Palermo.
UPMC Italy reserves the right of discretion to the fullest extent permitted by law in assessing applicants and the eligibility of their applications.
Only applicants not excluded under the provisions articulated Legislative decree 165/2001, art. 53, para. 16-ter, and subsequent modifications and amendments (General Rules Governing the Work of Public Administrations), can participate in this selection.
After reading the privacy statement and, if necessary, authorizing the processing of their personal data (EU Regulation 2016/679), applicants of both sexes (Law 903/77) are requested to fill out the on-line application form available at http://selezioni.upmcitaly.it/?lang=en. When filling out the on-line application form, applicants will be requested to attach their CV. Applicants are also requested to attach a motivation letter and a list of their scientific publications.
At the end of the on-line process, applicants will be requested to issue a self-statement regarding their possession of the requisites listed in this call for applications.
All communications from UPMC Italy will be e-mailed to the address stated by the candidate upon submitting his/her application.
The deadline to submit the applications is October 14, 2022.
Only applications submitted on-line (http://selezioni.upmcitaly.it/?lang=en) with an attached CV will be taken into consideration.
Under penalty of exclusion, at the request of UPMC Italy at any time during the selection process and within the mandatory deadline, applicants must provide evidence of the requisites stated in their self-declaration. Should any preliminary verification show a discrepancy with any statement submitted by an applicant, the latter will be excluded from the selection process, and any negotiation permanently suspended.