UPMC Italy is issuing a call for applications for the following position: 1 Endoscopy physician (Ref. Endo/22)
UPMC (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center) is a world-renowned healthcare and research enterprise headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., inventing new models of patient-centered, cost-effective, accountable care.
With facilities in Sicily, Campania, Lazio and Tuscany, UPMC Italy (the Italian division of UPMC) is a leader in patient care, biomedical research, telemedicine, IT development and consulting services in areas related to medicine and research.
UPMC Italy offers professional opportunities in an international and multicultural setting at IRCCS ISMETT (Istituto Mediterraneo per i Trapianti e Terapie ad Alta Specializzazione) one of the most technologically advanced and state-of-the-art medical centers in Italy, managed by UPMC in partnership with ARNAS Civico Hospital of Palermo and the Ri.MED Foundation.
The successful candidate will work in the Digestive Endoscopy Service, with tasks that include diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy and on-call service at night and holidays.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery recognized in Italy, or equivalent title.
- Postgraduate diploma in Gastroenterology recognized in Italy, or equivalent title.
- Enrollment in the professional board.
- Compliance with mandatory vaccination for the prevention of SARS-CoV-2 infection referred to in art. 4 and 4-ter of Decree-law 44/2021 (without prejudice to unenforceability of the vaccination obligation resulting from a confirmed risk for personal health due to specific, documented clinical conditions reported by the general practitioner, in compliance with the memorandum issued by the Italian Ministry of Health on exemptions from the vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 obligation, as provided for by art. 4, para. 2, Decree-law 44/2021).
- Documented training/professional experience in Endoscopy services.
- Work/training experience abroad.
- Participation in digestive endoscopy courses as a speaker.
- Scientific production in the field of endoscopy rated with the H-index.
- Proven experience in biliopancreatic endoscopy (EUS and ERCP).
- Experience and full autonomy managing endoscopic emergencies and using hemostasis techniques.
The ideal candidate is completely independent in both diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy (ERCP, EUS-FNA, gastric and colic polypectomies, PEG, and digestive tract stenting).
Availability to on-call service at night and holiday, English proficiency, inclination for research, and knowledge of main computer applications are also required.
Strong motivation, stress management, problem-solving skills, and good interpersonal, communication skills complete are also instrumental to the role. Good teamwork abilities; flexibility.
The type of contract offered will be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and skills of the selected candidate.
The workplace is Palermo.
UPMC Italy reserves the right of discretion to the fullest extent permitted by law in assessing applicants and the eligibility of their applications.
Only applicants not excluded under the provisions articulated Legislative decree 165/2001, art. 53, para. 16-ter, and subsequent modifications and amendments (General Rules Governing the Work of Public Administrations), can participate in this selection.
After reading the privacy statement and, if necessary, authorizing the processing of their personal data (EU Regulation 2016/679), applicants of both sexes (Law 903/77) are requested to fill out the on-line application form available at http://selezioni.upmcitaly.it/?lang=en.
When filling out the on-line form, applicants will be requested to attach their CV. Applicants are also requested to attach a motivation letter and a list of their scientific publications.
At the end of the on-line process, applicants will be requested to issue a self-statement regarding their possession of the requisites listed in this call for applications.
All communications from UPMC Italy will be e-mailed to the address stated by the candidate upon submitting his/her application.
The deadline to submit the applications is April 1, 2022.
Only applications submitted on-line (http://selezioni.upmcitaly.it/?lang=en) with an attached CV will be taken into consideration.
Under penalty of exclusion, at the request of UPMC Italy at any time during the selection process and within the mandatory deadline, applicants must provide evidence of the requisites stated in their self-statement. Should any preliminary verification show a discrepancy with any statement submitted by an applicant, the latter will be excluded from the selection process, and any negotiation permanently suspended.
Personal data included in the CV will be processed by UPMC Italy and IRCCS ISMETT in their capacity of joint controllers for selections for this or other similar positions. Applicants are requested to not include sensitive data (e.g., on health status), unless strictly necessary. Detailed information, also with reference to data storage times and rights recognized under EU Regulation 2016/679, are available at www.ismett.edu on the “Career at ISMETT” page and at www.upmcitaly.it on the “Work With Us” page.