UPMC Italy is issuing a call for applications for the selection of the following no-term position: 1 Project Manager CAPEX (Ref. PM/22)
UPMC (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center) is a world-renowned healthcare and research enterprise headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., inventing new models of patient-centered, cost-effective, accountable care.
With facilities in Campania, Lazio, Sicily, and Tuscany, UPMC Italy, the Italian division of UPMC, is a leader in patient care, biomedical research, telemedicine, IT development and consulting services in areas related to medicine and research.
UPMC Italy is a dynamic and multicultural working environment integrated with dignity and respect. UPMC Italy provides opportunities for personal development, oriented towards continuous improvement and excellence in health care.
As the Project Manager CAPEX, you will collaborate with the team during all stages of development projects. This includes the product briefing, planning, design, licensing and construction phases. You will work closely with interdisciplinary departments and their respective Leaders to manage all aspects of the development process for a portfolio of hospital projects and retraining projects. The focus will be on hospital projects (ISMETT 2, BRBC). ISMETT 2 is Expected to open in 2025, the new hospital will expand access to specialized services for the region. It will be integrated with the Ri.MED Foundation’s Biomedical Research and Biotechnology Center (BRBC), currently under construction on the same site. Together, these facilities are expected to drive biomedical advances and spinoff companies that will transform the delivery of care to patients while boosting the economy of Sicily.
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
- University degree in Architecture or Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- Enrollment in the Board of Architecture or Engineering for at least 20 years.
- Documented experience working independently, or with a formal engineering team, on large projects, in health care and/or research.
- Documented experience working in International Environments.
- Fluent in Italian and English, written and oral.
Strong relational and teamwork skills, precision, autonomy and proactivity, and a result-oriented approach are also instrumental to the role.
- Participate in the design process of new projects by managing information, guiding the design concept and analysis from the beginning of the approval process up to the occupation of the sites.
- Manage feasibility analyzes and support development and design in coordination with the specialist consultants hired on a case-by-case basis.
- Supervision and synthesis of development activities in order to support the general manager in approving the status of the projects in coordination with the internal and external professionals responsible for the design of the projects
- Close and strong cooperation with the development team and other teams in the company
- Manage the full scope of hospital development projects within the approved budget, focusing on the needs of “customers”.
- To manage the feasibility study connected to the project and the technical due diligence in the preparation phase, collaborating in approving the budget.
- Supervise the authorization procedure, permits and licenses necessary for the project, maintaining contact with the relevant authorities, municipalities, and service providers.
- Check and follow the budget, the business plan, monitor the risk of additional spending.
- Manage project documentation, create reports
- Project closure, project evaluation, data archiving care based on internal guidelines.
The selected candidate will work in one of the UPMC locations in Italy (Palermo, Rome…), remote working is also an option. Availability for domestic and international transfers.
The contract offered will be commensurate with the experience and skills of the selected candidate.
UPMC Italy reserves the right of discretion to the fullest extent permitted by law in assessing applicants and the eligibility of their applications.
Compliance with mandatory vaccination for the prevention of SARS-CoV-2 infection referred to in art. 4 and 4-ter of Decree 44/2021 (without prejudice to unenforceability of the vaccination obligation resulting from a confirmed risk for personal health due to specific, documented clinical conditions reported by the general practitioner, in compliance with the memorandum issued by the Italian Ministry of Health on exemptions from the vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 obligation, as provided for by art. 4, para. 2, Decree-law 44/2021) is required to take part in this selection.
Only applicants not excluded under the provisions articulated Legislative decree 165/2001, art. 53, para. 16-ter, and subsequent modifications and amendments (General Rules Governing the Work of Public Administrations), can participate in this selection.
After reading the privacy statement and, if necessary, authorizing the processing of their personal data (EU Regulation 2016/679), applicants of both sexes (Law 903/77) are requested to fill out the on-line application form available at http://selezioni.upmcitaly.it and indicating the reference code according to their preferred location. When filling out the on-line application form, applicants will be requested to attach their CV.
All communications from UPMC Italy will be e-mailed to the address stated by the candidate upon submitting his/her application.
The Company declines any responsibility for non-delivery of communications due incorrect e-mail addresses provided by applicants upon submitting their on-line applications.
The deadline to submit applications is May 23, 2022.
Only applications submitted on-line (http://selezioni.upmcitaly.it/?lang=en) with an attached CV will be taken into consideration.
Under penalty of exclusion, at the request of UPMC Italy at any time during the selection process and within the mandatory deadline, applicants must provide evidence of all qualifications stated in the on-line application. Should any preliminary verification show a discrepancy with any statement submitted by an applicant, the latter will be excluded from the selection process, and any negotiation permanently suspended.
Personal data included in the CVs will be processed by UPMC Italy in its role of data controller, for selections for this or other similar positions. Applicants are requested to not include sensitive data (e.g., on health status), unless strictly necessary. Detailed information also with reference to data storage times and rights recognized under EU Regulation 2016/679, are contained in the privacy statement available at www.upmcitaly.it/en/ (in the “Work with us” section).