The “Envisioning the Future of Liver Transplantation: Building on 20 Years of Experience at ISMETT” congress, organized by IRCCS ISMETT and UPMC, will take place in Palermo (Villa Zito) on July 12, 2019.
This event will be an opportunity to discuss and disseminate updates on scientific and training activities within the Italian and International Liver Transplantation community. The celebrations of the 20th anniversary of the first liver transplant performed in Sicily confirm the focus of IRCCS-ISMETT on ongoing scientific progress, and is an occasion to share this with the participants for application in their clinical practice. The event will be an opportunity to provide updates on advancements in liver transplantation. The top Italian and international experts, including directors of the most important hepatobiliary surgery and liver transplant centers in Italy, will meet to discuss the following topics:
- Surgical strategies to maximize the number of liver transplants in the Mediterranean countries
- New medical and scientific prospects of liver transplantation
- Transplant as treatment of primary and secondary liver cancer diseases
- Innovations and challenges in liver transplantation
The Congress has been approved for CME (Continuing Medical Education) credits in Italy:
- Attendance at event: 4.2 credits
- Synchronous video streaming: 9 credits
and for EACCME (European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education) credits in Europe:
- Attendance at event: TBD
- Synchronous video streaming: TBD
Please note that CME and EACCME credits will be granted both to participants attending the event and to those following the Congress online (https://www.ismettliver2019.com/).